Monday, December 22, 2008

Buildin' a house made of candy

For family night tonight, we decided to make a gingerbread house that has sat in our cupboards since last Christmas. We'll needless to say, it sat too long and the icing mix left something to be desired. After a 1/2 hour of trying to make the icing work, Dave decided to improvise and put the walls together by unbending paperclips and drilling them into the sides.

After this task was accomplished, I had to squeeze frosting onto the sides and roof to cover up the paperclips but the icing was still too runny and I needed to add powdered sugar to it. This was another mess. I then had to spread the clumpy mess that I call icing onto the house for Jake to decorate.

I couldn't believe that the house actually turned out kinda cute. It made for a good story and Jake was just happy to decorate the house.

No comments: